Hey! Ever need a last-minute gift? Here are some easy and creative DIY Gift ideas! Christmas is just 5 days away, and let’s face it, there’s always that Christmas where you need to find a gift for a very complicated person, and you don’t have the time or whatever, but guess what? I’m going to be showing you some really cool ideas, some very simple DIY’s for your friend, your mom, or whoever you’d like. 🙂 It’s perfect for this time of year, and these cute gift ideas can be used for anytime for year, like for a friend’s birthday, or any occasion, or person you would need a fun, personalized and cute gift! This is way more personal, and just as artsy!
Shocker: I write music. Recently, I purchased my third guitar. It’s acoustic. And I have a piano. And I play the recorder, but honestly, I’m sure every kid who’s American was forced to play one when they were younger. Anyway, here are a few tips and tricks if you would like to write/record your own song!
Tips ‘n Tricks
- WRITE DOWN YOUR FEELINGS. Seriously, if you feel anger, or frustration, or just happiness- WRITE IT DOWN. Emotions are what control the song. For example, if you were feeling depressed, because of being bullied… USE IT. GET IT OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM.
- Use similes. Like seriously. Use. Similes. Like, my previous example, are you depressed? Do you feel like you’re hanging from a mountain, the wind pushing you off? Or is there an anchor tied around your neck? One of Taylor Swift’s is how she takes being in a completely uncomfortable and unexpected position, and writes beautiful lyrics about them, example: …Rose garden, filled with thorns…” Blank Space, T.S. 1989.
- Use rhyming websites. Seriously, they help you SO WELL. They are for poems, and they can give you new ideas. It’s just- AMAZING.
- Always record or write a tune that pops in to your head, or it’s another great idea, blown in to pieces.
- Listen to other songs! Get ideas! See what’s new! 😉 You may have your favorite and you may think the other kind of music sucks, but there’s a reason people like it. Find out what that is.
- Play at least ONE instrument. Accompany your voice, find good tunes. Guitars are best, but there are SO many other instruments! Try ’em!
- Don’t quit on the song. If you quit a song and then come back to it, you’ll forget the tunes, and not be able to finish it, and you can’t top it the way you could’ve. Trust me, I’m talking with personal experience. Fun Fact: ‘Shine Bright Like a Diamond’ performed by Rhianna, was written by Sia, in 14 minutes. SEE, music is like that! I’ve written songs in 8 minutes, it doesn’t make it necessarily better, but don’t QUIT!
You asked for them! Here they are! Remember these are just for fun, but if you ever need to… well, then. No, I’m completely joking, these are very rude and you don’t want to go around saying these… but, hey, they’re hilarious!
In case you couldn’t tell… the words in brackets are the ones that the other person/people might say.
- The fact that no one understands you doesn’t mean you’re an artist.
- You inspire my inner serial killer.
- I’d say nice things to you, but I’d rather tell the truth.
- Hmm, yeah, why don’t you slip into something more comfortable? [um, what?] You know, like a coma.
- [You are an idiot/ You’re talking like an idiot] I know I’m talking like an idiot. I have to, or you won’t understand me.
- I like your approach! -Serious tone- Now, let’s see your departure.
- You should do some soul searching. Maybe you’ll find one.
- You and pictures have something in common… I’d like to hang you.
- [YOU’RE A FAIL] Yeah, can you please finish up your life story quickly? I’ve got an appointment at four.
- [You’re so ugly!] *Hugs and gives a pat on the head* Life must be tough for the visually impaired.
- I see you did your make up today! Someone sure misses coloring books…
- Yeah, keep rolling your eyes, and maybe- just maybe, you might find a brain in there.
- You know what, sorry. I’m not going to be mean to you, it’s ‘Be Kind to Animals’ week.
- I’d slap you, but that’d be animal abuse.
That’s all for today, I’ll be back next week! See ya!
Ah, fall, how I love you. Fall mean’s summer is finally over. And Winter is here! I like summer vacation, but I prefer Winter Vacation because it’s cold and fantastic!
Here’s a bit of something personal, a lot of you have asked what my Halloween Costume is. I’m going to a Halloween Party later this week, and I thought I’d do something simple, but still eye-catching. Something, fallish. If that were a word. Something for this, warm, festive-y season.
So, I’m going to be wearing a black and white skit from H&M, and a not-very-fancy black blouse from Forever21, you know, keepin’ it classy. On a recent trip to Paris, France ( check out my story here) I visited Disneyland Paris for 3 days, and there I bought tons of costumes like Micky Mouse Headbands, and Goofy Hats with the ears and such, and I also bought the Jack Sparrow Wig, which comes with the hat attached, and that’s what I’m going to be wearing. And my black boots! With that out of the way, let’s get started with a few Do’s and Don’ts.
Do wear a infinity scarf with boots
Don’t wear necklaces over scarves
Do wear sweaters over dresses
Don’t wear ties. They’re way summer.
Don’t wear shoe laced ankle boots. If they look like they belong in the Little House of the Prairie, it’s time to retire.
Don’t: When it comes to clothes that are thick and substantial, it’s important to avoid adding bulk. Keep away from turtlenecks or dolman sleeves.
Don’t: A pleated skirt that’s above the knee can come across too juvenile. Also, save yourself the headache of tiny pleats that are difficult to maintain.
And those are just a few! Keep a look out for more do’s and don’ts in the future, and don’t forget to re-blog, like, and comment if you liked this post and would like to see more like these!
Hello, everyone! I’ve definitely noticed that I’ve been offline for quite a while now. I’ve also been getting a lot of spam comments. By offline, I mean that I don’t post as often as I could, but you should now that I do check the comments, and am active. It’s confusing, though, I’m just saying that I am pretty active, and I check my blog about 2-3 times a week. You should also know that as I’ve previously stated, I do go to school, and I do have a life. And blogging happens to be a part of it.
Now, that we’ve cleared that up- I have some bad news. Due to my schedule, I will not be able to host my contest, and will have to put it away for later. My drawings though, are coming soon, and I am sorry for the delay.
And, thank you so much! This week I got OVER 120 likes AND I hit 2,000+ views! Thank you all for being so active!
With THAT out-of-the-way, let’s get on the main topic.
I’ve been getting about 457 SPAM comments per month. And I don’t approve all of them. For some reason, they are all posted on my ‘Welcome!’ Sticky Post. There’s only about 40 right now, but that’s because I’m not approving all of them.
It’s blurry, but whatever. See, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO INSERT A WEB ADDRESS. And leaving your ‘name’ as things like ‘personal finance business’ or ‘zombie lane hack’ is stupid. Any more comments like this will NOT be approved, and marked at spam. If you do want me to see your comment, you cannot place any random website and name. Also, stop the idiotic behavior. Seriously. Writing things like, ‘How did you come up with this topic’ and ‘I’m going through these issues as well’ LIKE WHAT THE HECK?
Do you realize that it’s just a post introducing me? So HOW does this relate to your issue? It’s really… ugh. Stop it please.
That’s all for today, thanks for reading and have a great day!
First of all, let me start this post by saying,
I’m sorry I have a life. No, that’s not what I wanted to say. I don’t remember the exact DATE… but ey, it was a long time ago. SOME MORE NEWS! The drawings AND the contest will have to be post-phoned until further notice…. but, I ain’t leavin’ ya with nothing! I have 3 new posts coming out this week, so keep a look out.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I didn’t come up with these, but these are sarcastic and fun! (Like me!) So I decided, why not share it? By the way, number 2 is by me so… your welcome.
These are warnings people have on products/stuff:
1. Children’s Aspirin: Warning: Keep Away From Children
(So I’m supposed to give it to…?)
2. I am going to skip this number. Because. Just because. Yes.
3. Curling Iron: Warning: Do not use while sleeping
(shoot… that’s the only time I have to curl my hair!)
4. Candle: Warning: A burning candle is fire
(And you thought I didn’t know that…?)
5. Frozen Pizza: Warning: Do not eat before cooking
(Oh, thanks for the warning.)
6. Blanket from Taiwan: Warning: Not To Be Used As Protection From A Tornado
(And against the tornado it would do what…?)
7. Frisbee: Warning: May Contain Small Parts
(Oh, good to know.)
8. Butcher Knife: Warning: Keep Out of Children
(I thought we were supposed to stab them, though…)
9. Railroad Sign: Warning: Beware! To touch these wires is instant death. Anyone found doing so will be prosecuted.
(But I though it was instant death…)
10. Hair Coloring: Warning: Do not use as an ice cream topping
(But hair coloring tastes good on Mint Chocolate Chip!)
11. Dial Soap: Warning: Use like regular soap
(Oh, good, I thought the soap was radioactive.)
13. Puzzle: Warning: Some Assembly Required
(And you thought…?)
15. On a Sears hairdryer — Do not use while sleeping.
(Shoot, and that’s the only time I have to work on my hair.)
16. On a bag of Fritos — You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside.
(the shoplifter special?)
17. On some Swanson frozen dinners — “Serving suggestion: Defrost.”
(but, it’s “just” a suggestion).
18. On Tesco’s Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom) — “Do not turn upside down.”
(well…duh, a bit late, huh!)
19. On Marks & Spencer Brea
d Pudding — “Product will be hot after heating.”
(…and you thought??…)
20. On packaging for a Rowena iron — “Do not iron clothes on body.”
(but wouldn’t this save me more time)?
21. On Boot’s Children Cough Medicine — “Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication.”
(We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.)
22. On Nytol Sleep Aid — “Warning: May cause drowsiness.”
(and…I’m taking this because??…)
23. On most brands of Christmas lights — “For indoor or outdoor use only.”
(as opposed to…what?)
24. On a Japanese food processor — “Not to be used for the other use.”
(now, somebody out there, help me on this. I’m a bit curious)
25. On Sainsbury’s peanuts — “Warning: contains nuts.”
(talk about a news flash)
26. On an American Airlines packet of nuts — “Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts.”
(Step 3: maybe, ooh…fly Delta?)
27. On a child’s Superman costume — “Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly.”
(I don’t blame the company. I blame the parents for this one.)
28. On a Korean kitchen knife– “Warning: keep out of children.”
(hmm..something must have gotten lost in the translation…)
That’s all for now, have a lovely week, or a lovely weekend depending on… wherever you live.
Okay, it is in this post that I will be sharing real-life pictures. Okay, so I bought a new iPad Air yesterday, and I’m going to be reviewing. First things first, this is my first ‘page’ on it.
The ‘clock’ app has been edited out for obvious privacy reasons. And I took that picture on my MacBook Air, so everything is pretty much backwards. Let’s start by the weight, I am surprised. This is very light, and easy to carry around. It may be more expensive, but I like it better than the iPad Mini, because the screen is too small and could occur possible eye damage.
I’ve only downloaded a few apps so far, because I usually just use them on my iPhone. iPad is for entertainment, right?
I wanted to download iMovie, but when I tried to download it, it said that I needed IOS 8 for that. Now, I read a few reviews, and apparently IOS 8 makes your apple device very slow. But, being me, I took my chances and updated it. It took some time, but so far my iPad is fine and I’ve been able to download any app now!
Now, this generation. You can literally use an iPad as a phone. And you can use an iPhone as an iPad. And the same thing goes for a laptop or computer. And my wallpaper and lock screen wallpaper:
Yes, it’s backwards again. I didn’t have to edit this one though, since it says the incorrect time. And it’s not Tuesday, January.
But basically, my lock screen is a colorful galaxy that says ‘Infinity’ and then a Tumblr Photo of vintage pink roses for my background. I used to have pictures from my camera, but I don’t do that anymore because the apps just cover up the faces and stuff. I rate this device:
There are a few minor problems, and it could use some adjustments, but overall, currently, it’s a 5 star for me. 🙂