Oh, Forever 21.
Hello, everyone! Now one of my favorite hobbies…shopping! One of the places that I love to shop at is Forever 21. I’m the kind of person who wears H&M/Forever21 everyday. Seriously. Every. Single. Day. Anyway, I decided to start this segment my blog where I post reviews about certain products and companies. Today I’m going to review Forever21.
Now, for those of you who don’t know what Forever 21 is (shame on you..no, I’m just kidding) go visit www.forever21.com and educate yourself, or read this: Forever 21 is an American chain of fashion retailers with its headquarters in Los Angeles.
Literally all my favorite brands are Californian.
One thing I like about Forever 21 is that they don’t only go with trends, but they make trends. Like over-sized sweaters. Back then, they were considered “messy” and “lazy wear”, but look at us now. Over-sized sweaters are the trend now.
Here are a few samples of clothing from their catalog:
Now Forever 21 doesn’t just sell clothing, but make-up cosmetics and accessories and shoes as well. Here are a few samples from their catalog.
Now I’m going to list this companies’ pros and cons.
How do I start this? There are many, many pros, some of which that I’ll post in bullets.
- Not only do they have really cute outfits, accessories and cosmetics, but they give you FREE shipping for orders over $21 dollars!
- To state this is the politest way possible, not everyone is a size 2, but that’s okay, because Forever 21 even has a section for Plus Sizes, which means everyone can catch up on the latest trends, and walk with style.
- Forever 21 is always on top of the latest trends. They have the pieces that you see in magazines and on celebrities.
- According to many websites I have checked, there are over 700 Forever 21 stores. I’m sure you can find one close to you.
- They are always inexpensive, no matter what. I shop there quite often and I have never seen a single item over $50.
- If you are trying to look like a million bucks and not have the same closet as your friend. Forever 21 is constantly changing their clothes. You can go in one day and cheetah scarfs are all over the place and the next week you’re seeing a completely different scarf pattern.
- They carry a lot of different types of style. For example, they will have a shirt for each style boho, girly and punk rocker chick. A lot of the times they will take a trend, such as a leather jacket and make a white simple jacket with gold details for the girly people then they will have a black jacket with spikes and a lot of zippers for the edgier people.
- I’ve also looked at some Employee reviews, and all of them are 3-5 stars, mostly around 3.9 or 4.0. What they say: “Love working here, like a fashion show everyday” “A typical day at work consisted of engaging with customers, merchandising clothing, stocking shelves, and training new employees (some days).” “Overall, fun experience”
- Cheap prices can also mean cheap clothing. Not saying it looks cheap, but sometimes it can mean a broken necklace or a ripped shirt. If you want the piece to last forever, you can’t really count on them. That’s why when I buy things from Forever 21 I keep in mind that I won’t be having it forever (so ironic), like a Louis Vuitton bag. So if you’re choosing between a $100.00 dress and a $17.80 dollar dress that you want to have for at least a couple of years and have it look nice go with the $100.00 dress. On the other hand if you are going to dinner with friends and need something to wear that’s cheap, go ahead. It’s a great deal then.
- You find the perfect top for a brunch with the family while out with your friends, but can’t buy it because you don’t have enough money. You go back with your parents the next week and its gone. They move their stuff quickly, so act fast.
- Jewelry: A number of pieces of jewelry that I have bought from Forever 21 have broken. I do tend to treat my stuff pretty nicely. It happens, honestly it either turns a copper color or breaks all together. I hate losing my favorite accessories.
- SOME Employee Reviews are 1 star, and the main problem is rude management.
Honestly, I love Forever 21. Just to sum this up quickly, just be cautious of why you are buying things and the quality. I am in no way what so ever saying don’t shop there, because honestly it’s an amazing store. I am just letting you know, so you don’t get obsessed with this amazing pair of heels and then have them break. Just remember Forever 21, may not be forever.
Overall, though, the clothing is good quality, and the cosmetics, shoes and accessories are simply gorgeous, yet delicate. Never have I experienced a broken heel from Forever 21.
I rate this company out of 5 stars:
I have to say, Forever 21 has pleased me. As you can see, there are WAY more Pros then Cons.
That’s all for now, I hope I helped adding Forever 21 in the list of your favorite stores.