This tutorial is going to show you how to bake delicious rolled sugar cookies! Before we start the tutorial, let me tell you a little story:
I made my first batch of sugar cookies last week, and I liked them a lot, so I decided to share the recipe with you! I was Googling some good recipes, and I found a great one, which was for Rolled Sugar Cookies. They are called that because they are ‘rolled’ with a rolling pin so you can use cookie cutters. I used stars and hearts! The recipe I found was for 5 dozen, which was way too many cookies (who am I kidding, you can never have to many cookies) because 12×5= 60 cookies
Then I decided to try my OWN recipe. This recipe that I made. If you do decided to post this recipe on your blog, please give credits, or re-blog this.
Let’s get started!
1/3 cup butter (softened)
1/2 cup sugar (add a little more if desired)
Few drops Vanilla essence (about a teaspoon)
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
Optional- About 1/3 cup milk if needed
Wash your hands before you start
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees F)
2. In a medium bowl, mix all your dry ingredients. Soften your butter, and do what I do- I just cut out the piece I need, put it in a microwave safe bowl and then leave it in there for 30 seconds, as you do not want it completely melted.
3. After the try ingredients, mix the wet ingredients together.
4. Next, mix all the ingredients together. Then, after mixing, roll the dough with a rolling pin. Finally, use the cookie cutters to cut cute shapes, and put them in the oven. You don’t need to grease the pan you will use. And remember to place cookies 1 inch apart on your cookie sheet.
NOTE: If you feel like the cookies will be too sticky, you can grease it. I prefer not to.
5. And in 6-8 minutes, your delicious cookies will be done! Cool completely.
Note: Don’t roll the dough too thick, because it will thicken inside the oven,
Tip for frosting: Make it fairly thin, as if your ‘painting’ the icing on the cookies with a pastry brush. Thin enough to spread easily but not so thin that it just makes your cookies wet and runs off.
That’s about it! Hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and thanks for reading!
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ѕнα∂σω ѕραякℓє Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ